Sunday, November 23, 2008

Birdhouse: A Lovely New Gallery in East Austin


On Saturday I went out with a few friends for a fun stroll through the East Austin Studio Tour (E.A.S.T.). We saw so many cool spaces filled with fantastic art, and got to talk with many of the artists. One of the highlights was talking with the founders of a brand new gallery called Birdhouse. Their mission is to be a gallery with true community spirit, showing artists of all kinds that may have difficulty breaking into the scene and showing at other high-profile galleries in town. They are a great bunch of folks & have a beautiful space. Check it out next time you're in the neighborhood! Shown are works by Jen Frost-Smith & Kevin C. Foote.

If you have anything to report from E.A.S.T., please share! Whether you were a participant or a spectator, it would be great to hear from you. If you have photos or reviews from the tour that you'd like to post, contact Beth to become one of our blog authors. It's easy & fun!

1 comment:

  1. Ooh I saw this gallery on the tour & I loved it!
    Did you see the closet in the bathroom?
    I kinda loved that.
    a lot.
    EAST was so fun but totally overwhelming.
    My friend Kym and I wore ourselves out. I woke up feeling very inspired the next day though.
    Priceless!

    ReplyDelete